3 big tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
2 tbsp cornflour
5-7 leaves of basil
1/2 tbsp pepper
Salt to taste
1. Peel Onion and Potato skin and cut them into big pieces. Cut the carrot and tomatoes also into big pieces. Put all the four vegetables into pressure cooker along with water (4-5 cups). Wait for 3-4 whistles.
Alternatively, if you do not have a pressure cooker you can put all the pieces of vegetables in a vessel filled with water and let them boil till they become soft.
2. Bring out the vegetables from the cooker and drain the water in a vessel. Preserve that water.
3. Crush the vegetables in a hand mixer or a normal mixer till they are completely mashed and make a smooth form. Strain them and discard the particles which remain in the strainer.
4. Now mix the strained mashed vegetables from step 3 and the water that you have preserved from step 4. Use your judgement to see if the mixture is not too thick. If it is then add some water to it.
5. Take the mixture that you have prepared in step 4 and heat on the gas. Add salt, pepper, tomato ketchup and corn flour in it. Heat it till the mixture rises up and then shut off the gas.
6. Add basil leaves to your soup and there you have it! Freshly prepared Tomato Basil Soup!