Don't worry, this Ice Tea recipe will help you prepare your drink in just five minutes!
Quantity: 200 ml of Ice Tea
3 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp tea powder
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
3-4 mint leaves
Ice cubes as required.
1. Take 200 ml water in a vessel and add tea powder to it.
2. Boil the water + tea powder. Once the mixture heats and comes up to the surface of the vessel shut off the heating.
3. Now add sugar to the mixture in step two and stir for some time.
4. Strain the mixture.
5. Let it cool for sometime outside till it attains room temperature and then add lemon juice.
6. Refrigerate it for a few hours.
7. Serve it in a juice glass. Add ice cubes as per your requirement and garnish it with mint leaves.
Your cool and tasty Ice Tea is ready!
Tip for ice cubes:
Usually adding ice cubes made of just plain water changes the taste of any liquid it is added to, because when the ice cubes melt they turns into water and reduce the taste of the liquid.
Hence, what Jayshree Shah suggests is to make "Ice cubes of ice tea flavour"!
The method for making them is very simple. All you need to do is to take the liquid prepared in step five above and put it into the ice tray. When it solidifies, you have your ice cubes ready. Add them to your Ice tea and your drink will taste better.