- 500 gms carrot (preferably red)
- 200 gms sugar
- 2 cups of milk
- 4-5 cut almonds (badam)
- 4-5 cut cashewnuts (kaju)
- 10 raisins (draaksh)
- 2 crushed cardamom (elaichi)
- pinch of kesar
1. Peel the carrots. Grate them.
2. Put the grated carrot in a frying pan on the gas and add sugar to it.
3.While the sugar is turning into liquid and mixing with the carrots, on another gas heat the milk.
4.The sugar will start to burn and after some time will mix with the carrots and become invisible. Then add the heated milk to the mixture of carrot and sugar.
5.Let the gas burn and keep stirring. Add almonds, cashewnuts, raisins cardamom and kesar to the mixture.
6.Keep the gas on till all the milk is absorbed by the carrots. Once all the milk disappears switch off the gas.
Congratulations your Gaajar ka Halwa is Ready!!